Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Bucket List

One of my favorite movies is The Bucket List, which stars Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.  The characters are dealing with life-threatening illnesses and decide to write a "bucket list."  This bucket list consists of items they want to do before they die. This movie made me think about the importance of making goals, especially if you have a chronic illness.  I know that I often do not think about the many things I want to do with my life because I am dwelling on my chronic illness.  I know this is not a healthy state of mind so I have decided to form my own bucket list! I encourage you to also make a bucket list and achieve your long-term goals.
My Bucket List:
1. Earn my Master's degree.
2. Earn my Ph.D.
3. Write a book.
4. Visit Disney World.
5. Visit Europe.
6. Learn a new language.
7. Read a new book every month.
8. Write in a journal everyday.

I hope to add more to this list soon :)  I hope you will join me in forming this important list!

2 comments:

  1. Nice list Bethany! I hope you can achieve them and many more.

    http:/thesarscasticsoprano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that movie too..I have thought about my list, but never wrote it down. I think I will and tape it on my mirror.
    mo

    ReplyDelete