Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Words of Encouragement

Recently, I was having a rough day with my Fibromyalgia.  I asked my Facebook friends to share some inspirational quotes.  I knew these quotes would lift my spirit.  Here are some of my favorite inspirational quotes, and I hope that they bring you happiness and encouragement.

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." ~ Elizabeth Kubler Ross

"Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another." ~ Richard Bach


"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these words - they help me as well! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia four years ago, and I have been struggling daily just to get out of bed and go about my day. The treatments in the book "Beat Sugar Addiction Now!" by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum (http://endfatigue.com/) have made a huge difference in my life. I am not cured, but my symptoms are much less and I have a lot less aching and less pain..........I feel that the SHINE protocol which is described in detail here has made such a huge improvement in my quality of life. I was surprised to see that the author had suffered with this same condition and had used the treatments he describes here to treat himself and to get himself well enough to complete medical school and live a good life. Knowing that he has been where I have been makes all the difference as far as I am concerned. Dr. T is one of the foremost experts on Fibromyalgia and CFS in the country - be sure to follow him on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DrJTeitelbaum

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your possitive outlook! I am a fellow blogger on the topic of living well in chronic pain ... I am happy to see others who are doing all they can do live a joy-filled life and not let pain be the boss of their attitude. It sure is hard sometimes and a good challenge and I think we all encourage each other with the accountability of blogging! check out my blog too differenthappyali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete